ABOUT MINDFUL GURUKUL
MINDFUL GURUKUL PVT LTD. is a company having its registered office at 417 Chandralok B Bldg,12 Manav mandir road walkeshwar Mumbai-6. MINDFUL GURUKUL is a premium android app to increase the self-study hours and reduce the anxiety and stress of students appearing for competitive exams. Students are rewarded for performing activities on the application. It is a paid subscription model for students.
As part of our service, MINDFUL GURUKUL provides you with online and mobile access to our secure digital platform.
At MINDFUL GURUKUL, protecting your privacy and ensuring that you control the way your information is used is our priority. We hold ourselves to high standards, including by complying with the applicable privacy laws of the jurisdiction of service and this policy.
For the purposes of this Policy, accessing of the Website and the App together with any study material made available or uploaded therein or downloaded, embedded therefrom shall collectively be referred to as the “Services”. The Website and the App shall be collectively referred to as “the Platform”.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU
- When you use the Platform by way of registration, log in, creation of a user account or creation of a post, purchase of points or subscription, participating in quiz etc. or by way of interaction via third party websites and/or mobile applications or by way of any other communication with the Platform, Mindful Gurukul may collect your personally identifiable information including name, date of birth, gender, demographic information, photos, e-mail address, telephone number, mobile phone number, credit card or debit card details, geographic location, mailing address, social media account details including list of contacts/friends and examination preference.
- By registering on the Platform, you agree and confirm your consent to providing Mindful Gurukul with your aforementioned personal information, which is lawful, necessary and permissible. You at all times have the right to discontinue the use of the Platform. Mindful Gurukul is not liable to provide you with its Services in the absence of or your refusal to provide the aforesaid information. Additionally, Mindful Gurukul is not liable to ensure or maintain the same quality of its Services to you, as it may for a user who provides all aforementioned information.
- Any information provided by you under Mindful Gurukul” create a post” feature, comments, upvotes or otherwise any information that you provide on the Platform is not personal information and shall become part of Mindful Gurukul published content. Mindful Gurukul may use the aforementioned information without your consent for purposes including but not limited to improving its products and services, developing new products and services and sending you messages about promotions and offers.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
- When you visit or interact with the Platform, apart from Mindful Gurukul certain third party advertisers and/or service providers may use technologies that automatically collect information about you for both transactional (e.g., confirmation of registration, notification of purchase made, etc.) and promotional (e.g., promotions, newsletters, etc.) purposes. Your information may be collected by Mindful Gurukul or such third party advertisers and/or service providers in the following ways:-
- Log Files: Every time you visit the Platform, Mindful Gurukul servers automatically receive and log information from your browser and device used to access the Platform (such as IP address, device ID, details of your network operator and type, your operating system, browser type and version, CPU speed, and connection speed). This enables us to validate you as a User, to understand your usage of the Platform and helps us to make changes and updates most suited to your needs and interests.
- Mobile Device: When you register your mobile device or use the mobile device to access the App, In addition to the aforesaid, Mindful Gurukul will also collect device information such as mobile device ID, model and manufacturer details, operating system etc. for improving the App’s overall functionality and displaying the content according to your preferences.
- Cookies: Cookies are data files placed on your device, used to keep track of information such as your interaction with social media websites, the content you click on, download, upload or share and other activity on the Platform etc. in order to improve your experience of the Platform by personalizing it to your preferences and usage trends.
- Web Beacons: Web beacons are transparent graphic images used in our email communication to you, in order to understand customer behaviour and improve the overall quality, functionality and interactivity of the Platform.
- Mobile Analytics: Mobile analytics software is used by Mindful Gurukul to better understand and customize the functionality of the App’s software on your phone. This is done by collecting information such as your frequency of the App’s usage, the features you prefer to use on the App, where the App was downloaded from, Device Id, name of other mobile applications on your device, etc.
- Public Forums: Any information that is disclosed by you in the comments section or by way of the “create a post” feature, becomes published information and Mindful Gurukul shall not be held liable for the security of the same or any personal information that you disclose herein. You agree to exercise caution when disclosing any personal information or personally identifiable information in this regard.
- Please note that we only use the aforesaid information to communicate with and/or improve the Service and to better understand our users’ operating systems, for system administration and to audit the use of the Service. We do not use any of the aforesaid data to identify the name, address or other personal details of any individual.
LINK TO THIRD PARTIES
SHARING OR DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
- As a strict policy, we will not disclose, share or exploit your information with anyone without your express permission.
- However, we may be mandated under law or under contracts to make certain limited disclosures under the following circumstances:
- Legal Necessity: Mindful Gurukul may share any of the aforesaid information, including your personally identifiable information or Sensitive Personal Data or Information, without obtaining a separate consent from you, if and when such information is requested or required by law or by any court or governmental agency or authority to disclose, for the purpose of verification of identity, or for the prevention, detection, investigation of any criminal activity, or for prosecution and punishment of offences.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
- We take the security of your personal information seriously and use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data which is transmitted to or from the Service. Any transmission is at your own risk.
- We keep your personal information for no longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements.
Addendum: Terms and Conditions as per Digital Personal Data Protection Bill 2023
Effective Date: 17th August2023
In accordance with the Digital Personal Data Protection Bill 2023, the following additional terms and conditions apply to the App:
- 1. Data Protection(Redressal process)
1.1. We will process personal data in compliance with the Digital Personal Data Protection Bill 2023. This includes obtaining explicit consent for data processing, providing transparency about data usage, and implementing necessary security measures.
1.2. You have the right to access, correct, and delete your personal data. Requests related to personal data should be directed to our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.3. You will be needing parenteral consent for accessing the app if you are below 18 years in the form of parents mobile number
- 2. Data Breach Notification
2.1. In the event of a data breach, we will promptly notify affected users and relevant authorities as required by the Digital Personal Data Protection Bill 2023.
3.Data Subject Rights
- You have the right to access, rectify, erase, and restrict the processing of your personal data. Requests related to these rights can be made by sending amail to email@example.com
- We will provide data portability upon request, allowing you to recieve your personal data in a structured,commonly used, and machine readable format.
- 4. Data Transfer
4.1. If we transfer your personal data to a third party, we will ensure that the recipient provides an adequate level of data protection,
as required by the Digital Personal Data Protection Bill 2023.
By continuing to use the App, you acknowledge and agree to these additional terms as outlined in this addendum.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We will use industry-standard physical, technical, and administrative security measures to keep your Personal Data confidential and secure, and will not share it with third parties, except as otherwise provided in this Privacy Terms, or unless such disclosure is necessary in special cases, such as a physical threat to you or others, as permitted by applicable law. The Internet is not an absolutely secure environment, and there are new threats every day, hence, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Data, and there is some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way to circumvent our security systems or that transmission of your information over the Internet will be intercepted. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Email communication or communication using other third-party tools may not be secure, and maybe a part of the services.
CHANGE IN POLICY
We may change the terms of this Privacy Terms in order to comply with the laws, or to fulfill our business obligations within the bounds of and keeping in mind your rights to privacy, and within the guardrails or applicable laws.
HOW TO DELETE YOUR MINDFUL GURUKUL ACCOUNT?
All you need to do is send an email to customercare@mindful gurukul.com asking them to delete your Mindful Gurukul account and the associated data with it.
Once you receive a reply from them, you’ll have seven days to reply to their email with a valid ID proof and confirmation to delete the account. If you don’t send the confirmation, your account won’t be deleted, and the request will be abandoned.